Thursday 13 October 2011

bircher muesli + berries


























HELLO SUNSHINE!

Hah! As if. Don't you dare come near me early in the morning as I may kill you. Or just glare angrily as any physical movement takes too much energy.

Another breakfast post. Because food is good and mornings suck so we should at least try to make them a little better.

This here is just bircher muesli with berries and it is so easy and fast to make. This makes it ideal for school mornings and it's REALLY tasty. I make mine the night before so when I wake up in the morning, all I have to do for breakfast is grab this and eat. This method is particularly helpful if you are like me and find that you stay up way too late at night (or early morning) and wake up way too late in the morning.

Okay, so ideally for bircher muesli, you are meant to soak the oats overnight before adding all the yoghurt and stuff but on weekdays- SCREW THIS. I just do everything at night and leave it in the fridge and it is still good in the morning. If you have time, then yeah, do it the proper way. You can top it with anything you want. So fruits, nuts, whatever, they all taste great. I normally like adding walnuts to mine as well.

bircher muesli + berries [serves 1, recipe originally for 4]

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 apple juice
2 tablespoons yoghurt
1/4 juice lemon
1/4 grated apple
berries [fresh or frozen]
1/2 tablespoon honey

1. Soak oats and apple juice in a small bowl for 15 minutes.
2. Add yoghurt, lemon and grated apple and stir to combine. It should be quite liquidy.
3. Put into another glass or bowl and top with berries and honey.
4. Clingwrap and put in fridge.
5. Sleep.
6. Wake up.
7. Eat.

NOTE: If you want to do it properly, soak the oaks in the juice overnight. Then do all the yoghurt combining stuff in the morning.


































So yeah. Very easy. I'd recommend you guys to make this and hey, it's kinda healthy! Just go easy on the honey. Putting it into a glass that is easy to hold is also recommended as you can walk around the house eating while doing what you normally do in the morning.

I WILL attempt to post more from now. More being, maybe 1-2 a month...DON'T KILL ME. Year 12 is scary. But then maybe I'll make more comfort food. And then photograph more comfort food. And then post more comfort food. Hmm, okay I only think the eating part is very likely. How terribly unfortunate. All right then. Off to do maths. Damn.

Ooh! Picture!


























Remember that...sigh...I don't remember anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment