Thursday 10 November 2011

lemon + blueberry cake


This is not my prettiest cake. I am a failure at icing.

Ehhh short post. I baked this cake using this recipe --> Sweetapolita - Triple-Lemon Blueberry Cake. It looks amazing doesn't it? Oh my goodness, everything on that blog is so tasty looking. Made another cake inspired by that site.

To be honest I didn't like this cake much, I think I added to much lemon. I didn't have any lemon extract so I just winged it and added extra zest and juice but that didn't work out well. Lemon extract has a really strong lemon flavour but isn't as acidic as actual lemon so it is often used in baking. BUT I was lazy and did not have any so it resulted in a very acidy cake.

My icing is a fail because I was dumb and only did only one dodgy coat. What you are meant to do is freeze the cake, make layers, freeze, ice lightly, freeze and ice properly. It's this whole freezing and icing cycle that I completely skipped. But I've learnt! Kinda.

And don't let the flowers and doilies and frills fool you. I actually made this for my brother's birthday. What a man he is.

Okay pictures.


And now to look inside the cake.

It's a bit icky because I added too many blueberries (I'm a blueberry addict) so they all sank to the bottom and made the cake take forever to cook. I always add too much fruit to my stuff...

Yes. It is quite ugly. Sigh. 

Oh well, make a wish big brother.

And here is a picture of a dog because I like dogs and I like this one. 

























WHO'S THE CUTEST DOGGIE IN THE WORLD?

AMBER IS THE CUTEST DOGGIE IN THE WORLD!

OH YES SHE IS! OH YES SHE IS!

Okay goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment