Sunday 19 June 2011

blueberry porridge

Winter mornings can go die in a hole. 

Having an excuse to eat this however, makes them just a little better. 

blueberry porridge [serves 1]

1/3 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup of either milk, water or a combination
handful of blueberries [okay, I think 1/3 cup is sufficient but I go a little overboard cos I love my berries]
1 tsp brown sugar
cinnamon
maple or golden syrup for serving

1. Combine the oats and milk/water in a saucepan and leave it to stand to soften them.
2. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally until oats are further softened. [5-10 minutes]
3. Add blueberries and sugar and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Transfer to bowl, top with syrup and cinnamon and eat. 

Sorry for the shifty photo. I didn't realise it was out of focus until I uploaded them onto my computer and by that time, I was already eating it. So yeah, this will have to do.



Instant sachet porridge can also die in a hole. If you guys have not tried making your own stove top porridge, I HIGHLY recommend it. It is so much creamier, tastier and you don't have that explosion of milk every time you make it. You know the one I'm talking about. It's the reason why you use a bowl four times too big when microwaving oats. It does take longer so perhaps make it on weekends. Late Sunday mornings are a great time for indulgent breakfasts.

And also, frozen berries are your friend. I could never survive winter without them.

Sorry for the short post, but stuff to do, things to cram. 

Okay, study time.

Remember, partying is for the weak. Only hardcore kids like us spend our weekends at libraries. Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment